Searching Tumblr for pictures of Apollo and Midnighter. I need The Authority in my life.
something poignant someone said on YouTube once
there is no shade or grade of clay that should ever be counted as more valuable, more worthy of the attention of learned men than actually making a vase.
the patron saint of thieves
but I can’t help my- self I’ve been reading a lot about thieves and now I think every ‘Christmas’ I’ll dress up as Saint Nicholas (that is I’ll dress up as a very beneficent shadow; that’s all I am) but I can’t help my- self I’ve been reading a lot about thieves fashioning myself out of the precision and flash of Mickey Bricks ...
sometimes i feel like a gospel song is just a love song to a broken man whose distrust of your affection runs so deep that you have to serenade him in the square just for him to love you back.
Idle Talk: Thoughts On Going Into The...
Money is hard to come by. Sometimes I want it, and sometimes I don’t want to sacrifice too much of my freedom to get it. Sometimes I feel perfectly fine about my financial state; and other times, if you listen really closely, you can hear a tiny guitar playing a slow reprise of Aloe Blacc’s ‘I Need A Dollar’, dedicated to me. So suddenly I’ve given thought...
there’s this smell that reminds me constantly of one Sunday in my childhood when I watched the Aladdin TV series and then that reminds me of a game our grandmother made us play where if we did all our chores all week we’d win a bag of chocolates on Sunday (our grandmother was a wise woman) and I’d do all mine because I loved to wash dishes, I was grand at it, and I loved to...
Self-Restraint, by Nathan Ford
Nobility is wanting a shot of Irish whisky really badly but just paying for the smell.
I think people are like locks. Really complicated and frustrating. But you...– Parker, Leverage I’ve learned more from fictional thieves than you can imagine.
embleywembley asked: 1, 10, 13, 24, 34, 66, 80
1. Would you have sex with the last person you text messaged?
2. You talked to an ex today, correct?
3. Have you taken someones virginity?
4. Is trust a big issue for you?
5. Did you hang out with the person you like recently?
6. What are you excited for?
7. What happened tonight?
8. Do you think it’s disgusting when girls get really wasted?
9. Is confidence cute?
10. What is the last beverage you had?
11. How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
12. Do you own a pair of skinny jeans?
13. What are you gonna do Saturday night?
14. What are you going to spend money on next?
15. Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
16. Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
17. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
18. The last time you felt broken?
19. Have you had sex today?
20. Are you starting to realize anything?
21. Are you in a good mood?
22. Would you ever want to swim with sharks?
23. Are your eyes the same color as your dad’s?
24. What do you want right this second?
25. What would you say if the person you love/like kissed another girl/boy?
26. Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
27. Would you be able to date someone who doesn’t make you laugh?
28. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
29. Do you really, truly miss someone right now?
30. Does everyone deserve a second chance?
31. Honestly, do you hate the last boy you were talking to?
32. Does the person you have feelings for right now, know you do?
33. Are you one of those people who never drinks soda?
34. Listening to?
35. Do you ever write in pencil anymore?
36. Do you know where the last person you kissed is?
37. Do you believe in love at first sight?
38. Who did you last call?
39. Who was the last person you danced with?
40. Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
41. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
42. Did you hug/kiss one of your parents today?
43. Ever embarrass yourself in front of a crush?
44. Do you tan in the nude?
45. If you could, would you take back your last kiss?
46. Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night?
47. Who was the last person to call you?
48. Do you sing in the shower?
49. Do you dance in the car?
50. Ever used a bow and arrow?
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
53. Is Christmas stressful?
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
59. Take a vitamin daily?
60. Wear slippers?
61. Wear a bath robe?
62. What do you wear to bed?
63. First concert?
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
65. Nike or Adidas?
66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
68. Favorite Taylor Swift song?
69. Ever take dance lessons?
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
74. What is your favorite book?
75. Do you study better with or without music?
76. Regularly burn incense?
77. Ever been in love?
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
79. What was the last concert you saw?
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
81. Tea or coffee?
82. Favorite type of cookie?
83. Can you swim well?
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
87. Ever won a contest?
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
89. Which are better black or green olives?
90. Opinions on sex before marriage?
91. Best room for a fireplace?
92. Do you want to get married?
Random Thoughts: The Why Is It So Damn Hot...
NO really I just tried to take a sip of cold water and I swear it evaporated right on my lips I would kill for a basement bar like this one, but in my head I imagine lots of stories instead, books on dozens of shelves and short stories and quotes scrawled upon the walls, just stories, stories everywhere, so if you’re still sober you can enjoy one, and if you’re drunk by now you...
dratsing: WHOA WHY DIDN’T ANYONE TELL ME LUPE FIASCO’S MAKING A FUCKING AKIRA-BASED ALBUM “CALLED TETSUO & YOUTH” and the latest song off it is called animal pharm and it’s based on the fucking book……………………………. My thoughts exactly.
Stop thinking about art works as objects, and start thinking about them as...– Brian Eno (via jessiethatcher) I could reblog/post this every day as a constant reminder. (via notational)
Things I adore the Castle fandom for: being able to smell a post about kitchen knives at forty paces I’m so proud of you people
just a sip’s enough, pouring into me like hot light and tormenting every inch of me in ways I could more than get used to being tormented. just a sip’s enough to be ablaze for hours; just a sip’s enough for me to feel pleased and yet still thirsty; just a sip’s enough to scramble all my thoughts til my addled mind could only imagine the sensation of one sip...
Every language has its own version of um. French has euh, Korean eum, Finnish...– Read the full text here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/50173/when-and-why-did-people-start-saying-um-when-they-talk#ixzz2R13HfDuP —brought to you by mental_floss! (via mjlogue)
How you know you’re inhaling too much smog from The Yin Factory: someone in a facebook group upending a conversation about LGBT anti-discrimination legislation by quoting Bible verses, so you give him a Qu’ran verse burn. That was not nice. Bad Brandon. Bad. (I’m going to have to explain The Yin Factory at some point. Also, a conversation on race in film adaptations. But not...